Every house owner knows that how important the security of its home is. Without encouraging the necessary steps to prevent theft in your home you are taking a great risk. Follow these major security tips for your home and keep your house safe from burglars.
- Make sure your garage, shed or property gates are closed once they are used. Do spend some money on purchasing more secured locks on exterior property.
- Security Locks should be used on expensive gardening equipment such as lawn mowers.
- When leaving your house, make sure that all garage doors are properly locked.
- Your door connecting to the garage should be made of solid wood or metal and should be properly secured with a strong lock and dead bolt.
- Always lock your car door when you come home at night.
- All your vehicles including bicycles and bikes should be locked and secured in a safe place.
- All External obstructions which can be used by thieves to hide like Trees, shrubs and bushes should be pruned.
- Install exterior floodlights that works with a motion sensor.
- Be sure to switch on at least one outdoor lighting in the evening.
Exterior Door Security
- Make sure that all the external doors are of solid hardwood or metal construction. Glass panels should be reinforced.
- Fit a deadbolt lock into the frame of the door.
- Always check if exterior doors are locked, even if you go out for a couple of minutes and especially at night.
- Make sure your neighbours has an extra pair of your keys and never hide them under the front doormat or in a flower pot.
- Check for rotten window frames and replace if needed.
- Secure every window in the house with a high security window lock.
General Security Around The Home
- Use a security safe for all your valuables.
- Keep firearms security locked in an appropriate firearms cupboard. This should be fitted with a trigger guard lock.
- Have emergency telephone numbers next to your telephone box or in your mobile.
- Make sure your whole family is aware of an evacuation procedure in the event of an emergency such as a fire.
- And of course, activate your alarm system when leaving your property.
Call us at + 734-224-2824 now and let us help. Our talented, dedicated, and friendly staff is ready to assist you at a moment’s notice. We service all of southern Michigan including, West Bloomfield, Birmingham,West Bloomfield,Bloomfield Hills,Troy, and Novi Michigan..